SOUTH-TEXAS STYLE TURKEY BY PAULA DISBROWE
The swoon-worthy results and surprising ease of cooking a whole turkey over a wood-infused fire just might make you rethink your traditional Thanksgiving menu. Two things bring this method together: Butterflying the turkey creates a broad, flat surface that cooks more quickly and evenly. READ MORERecipes
Posted by Mike Alexander on 23rd Apr 2014
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice from 2 to 3 medium limes
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- pinch table salt
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup 100 percent agave tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
1. Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, sugar, and salt in large liquid measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors meld, 4 to 24 hours.
2. Divide 1 cup crushed ice between 4 or 6 margarita or double old-fashioned glasses. Strain juice mixture into 1-quart pitcher or cocktail shaker. Add tequila, Triple Sec, and remaining crushed ice; stir or shake until thoroughly combined and chilled, 20 to 60 seconds. Strain into ice-filled glasses; serve immediately.