Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins 6
If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion, look no further than these Chipotle Chicken Sliders with Spicy Garlic Aioli Sauce. These sliders are packed with flavor, thanks to the smoky and spicy seasoning on the chicken, the crispy bacon, the caramelized onions, and the melty Gruyère cheese. Plus, the Spicy Garlic Aioli Sauce adds a tangy and spicy kick that ties everything together.
One of the best things about these sliders is how easy they are to make. You can prepare most of the ingredients ahead of time, and then simply assemble the sliders on the grill when you’re ready to eat. Plus, the small size of the sliders makes them perfect for parties, game days, or any casual gathering where you want to serve food that’s easy to eat and share.
What I love about my PK360 if that I can cook a full meal all in one grill, thanks to the slotted griddle grate, I can taste the Smokiness from the charcoal on the chicken and get a perfect crunch on the bacon.
- 2 lbs Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices of Gruyère cheese
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Spicy Garlic Aioli Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees. This will ensure that the grill is hot enough to cook the chicken and toast the buns to perfection.
- Season the chicken thighs with Super Bird by Fire & Smoke Society. This seasoning blend will add a delicious smoky and spicy flavor to the chicken.
- Slice the large onion and set aside. Slicing the onion thinly will allow it to cook faster and caramelize evenly on the grill.
- Cook the bacon on a griddle or skillet on the grill until crispy. The bacon will add a salty and smoky flavor to the sliders, and cooking it on the grill will infuse it with a delicious charred flavor.
- Add the onions to the same skillet and cook until tender. This will take about 5-7 minutes, depending on how thinly you sliced the onions.
- Sear the chicken thighs on the opposite side of the grill until nicely charred and the internal temperature is 175 degrees. Cooking the chicken on the opposite side of the grill will allow it to cook evenly and prevent it from burning.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Once rested, cube the chicken. This will make it easier to assemble the sliders and ensure that every bite has a perfect balance of chicken and toppings.
- To make the Spicy Garlic Aioli Sauce, mix together mayonnaise, garlic paste, and buffalo wing sauce. This sauce will add a delicious tangy and spicy kick to the sliders, and the garlic paste will add a subtle depth of flavor.
- Assemble the sliders by adding a slice of Gruyère cheese to the bottom of each bun, followed by chopped chicken, bacon, onions, and another slice of cheese. The cheese will melt and bind all the toppings together, creating a delicious and satisfying slider.
- Melt the butter and brush it on top of the buns. This will add a delicious buttery flavor and help the buns toast evenly on the grill. Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on top of the buns for added flavor and texture.
- Place the sliders on a baking sheet for easier transport. This will prevent the sliders from falling apart or getting squished during transport. Place the baking sheet on the grill opposite the heat and cook until the cheese is fully melted. This will take about 3-5 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is.
- Serve the sliders with the Spicy Garlic Aioli Sauce on the side for dipping. This will allow your guests to customize their sliders to their liking and add a delicious burst of flavor to every bite. Enjoy!