Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Posted by Nick Nesgoda (@burnt_pellet_bbq) on 7th Feb 2023
Chicken Wings are easily some of the most classic game day food around! They can feed a crowd and most, if not everyone, loves them. These Teriyaki wings are by far one of my favorite flavors of wings to make. Marinating them overnight really helps the flavors penetrate deep into the meat and you can taste it with each and every bite! These were smoked indirectly on my PK 360 using cherry wood chunks for delicious sweet flavored smoke. Then I finished them up over direct heat to give them a nice crispy skin. They took a little over an hour to make and the final product will leave you and your guests wanting more!
2-3 pounds chicken wings
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups room temp water
1 cup liquid aminos
5 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons mustard powder
1 tablespoon ginger paste
- Start with 2-3 pounds of chicken wings. If you bought them whole, separate the drums and the flats. If you bought them frozen, thaw them out in the refrigerator the night before.
- In a bowl, combine and mix: brown sugar, water, liquid aminos, minced garlic, mustard powder and ginger paste. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes to help dissolve then set aside and let it cool down. Take 1 cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
- Place your chicken wings in a container or bag then pour in the cooled down sauce. Seal container/bag, then place in the refrigerator overnight to marinate.
- Fire up your PK Grills by dumping your charcoal on the right side. Adjust your vents and set the temp to 250°F. Toss in cherry wood chunks for extra smoke flavor.
- Place wings on the indirect side of the grill and cook them for 60 minutes flipping them half way through.
- Take the extra 1 cup of marinade and cook it down for about 10 mins until thickened.
- Finish the wings over direct heat flipping them every 2 minutes until they reach an internal temp of 185°F then remove them from the heat. Place them in a bowl and mix with the thickened sauce.
- Top with chives and sesame seeds and enjoy!