- 1 bunch of large asparagus, washed, tough ends snapped off
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 lemon, zested and cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Wrap each asparagus spear in 1 slice of prosciutto, or 1/2 a slice if the slices are large. Thread spears onto the skewers, with 1 skewer going through the bottom of the asparagus and the other going through the top. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus, and season with black pepper to taste.
Place lemons halves, cut side down, and the asparagus on the PK grill over high heat. Cook asparagus until tender and prosciutto crisps, about 3-5 minutes per side. Cook lemon halves until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove asparagus from the grill. Immediately squeeze the lemon halves over them, and sprinkle with lemon zest.