Our cardiologist called and asked if it wouldn't kill us to publish a fish recipe every now and then. We’re happy to oblige because if there is one thing the PK Grill & Smoker excels at, it is fish. When it comes to grilling fish, we love us some grilled salmon because it tastes so good with a little smoke on it.
We also love this grilled salmon taco recipe because it uses a unique method for setting up your Portable Kitchen Grill for indirect cooking. Requiring only 8 minutes of grill time or less, these salmon tacos are good for days when there isn’t time for a slow barbecue, but you still want something rich, smoky and full of flavor.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. salmon, skin on
- 8 med tortillas, warmed
- Prepare the Portable Kitchen Grill for indirect heat by placing half of the charcoals to each side of the grill. Place a foil drip pan in the center, replace the cooking grate and place the meat over the drip pan.
- Combine first five ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Prepare the filet: Trim the filet so the thinner parts of the salmon can be discarded or grilled separately. Run a fingertip over the surface to check for pin bones, and if any remain remove with tweezers.
- Rub the spice mixture liberally over salmon.
- Grill the salmon, skin-side down approximately 8 minutes or until it is just cooked through. Tip: When you remove the salmon from the hinged grid, the skin should separate to know it is done.
- Serve: place 2 tortillas on each plate. Evenly divide the fish among the tortillas. Top with Cabbage slaw, Citrus Salsa and Cilantro Sauce (recipes below).
When Preparing Toppings: Prepare ingredients for each, combine each mixture into three separate bowls and stir. Cover and refrigerate three toppings until the grilled salmon is ready to serve.
|Cilantro Cream Sauce|
We love to see what’s cookin’ on your PK Grill & Smoker! Send photos of any of our recipes. Better yet, gain more bragging rights by sending in an original recipe with photos to be featured in our blog. Send recipe with photo to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Check out more quick and easy weeknight recipes: